Job Opportunity – Hair Care Sales Manager
Haco Industries (Kenya) Limited is one of the region’s leading FMCG manufacturers, supplier of a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets. We are well known as an indigenous Kenyan company that manufactures quality personal and home care brands that include MIADI, AMARA, SO-SOFT, SPARKLE, ACE, Haco pegs and rulers. We are also the only licensed distributor of Palmers in Kenya. We desire to be able to add value to the everyday life of our customers across Africa.
About the Role
Reporting to the Sales Director, the position holder’s key responsibility will be growing the overall hair care products revenues and their contribution to the business. To realize this objective, the person will work closely with the hair care sales teams, Regional Sales Managers, Country Sales Managers, Marketing, Beauty Stores chain and hair care-related route to market players.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to grow the haircare business portfolio.
- Develop and document the recommended hair care route to market structure that will enable successful market penetration of Haco products
- Develop a structured feedback framework for the collation, review and presentation of the on-ground teams’ feedback (internal / agency) on Haco, Competitors, Trade and Consumers
- Deliver the overall annual haircare turnover, profit & market share targets.
- Build and strengthen the existing working relationships with the various hair care players.
- In liaison with the Marketing team, ensure that all hair care sales teams are adequately trained on the products, applications, and related details.
- Identify new opportunities within the existing haircare portfolio.
- Conduct frequent stakeholder meetings to build and review day-to-day business challenges and opportunities.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to deliver excellent customer care experience to hair care clients.
- Work closely with the Route to Market third-party agency to ensure that the products and related information are available.
- Identify, recruit and develop haircare channel partners.
- Act as the voice of the haircare customers internally and an ambassador, externally.
- Work with marketing teams to build and execute great and successful activation plans.
- Develop root cause analysis for any challenges within the haircare portfolio in liaison with the other stakeholders.
- Any other duty or delegated projects.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Over 5 years of managerial experience selling haircare products.
- Proven ability in growing haircare portfolio or related beauty products.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good negotiation and networking skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should fill in the pre-application form on HACO Application System and forward copies of their application letters, academic and professional certificates, testimonials and up-to-date curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday, 31st January 2024.
All applicants should state their expected remuneration and indicate their contact details.