Job Opportunity: General Manager – Central Cluster
General Manager – Central Cluster
HACO Industries (Kenya) Limited is one of the region’s leading FMCG manufacturers, supplying a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets. We are well known as an indigenous Kenyan company that manufactures quality personal and home care brands that include MIADI, AMARA, SO-SOFT, SPARKLE, ACE, HACO pegs and rulers. We are also the only licensed distributor of Palmers in Kenya. Our desire is to be able to add value to the everyday life of our customer across Africa.
In line with our growth ambitions within the markets we operate in, and being close to our customers, we are looking for a seasoned, talented, dynamic and motivated individual to fill in the above position.
About the role:
The position reports to the Managing Director and will initially be based in Kampala. The successful candidate will lead our operations in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Eastern DRC. S/he will be responsible for formulating and implementing overall strategy of the Cluster by managing people, budgets, sales, marketing and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the cluster P&L and commercial targets.
- Prepare budgets and manage expenses to realize profitability and growth targets.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team towards realization of the set objectives.
- Works closely with the various functional HOD’s at Head Office to ensure that the cluster gets the support needed to achieve its goals.
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance.
- Lead commercial negotiations on behalf of the company within the cluster.
- Manage the various stakeholders – clients, governments, banks, agencies etc to ensure company interests are safeguarded.
- Ensure the company operations are compliant with the various countries’ laws and regulations.
- Responsible for implementing company policies within the cluster.
- Business expansion to the countries neighboring the cluster.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field; Relevant Masters degree qualification will be a definite advantage.
- Over 10 years leadership experience in an executive role preferably within FMCG setup in any of the countries in the cluster.
- Experience leading entire country operations in similar or related industry, will be a definite advantage.
- Proven business growth capability a key requirement.
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business processes and functions (Finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Highly developed commercial acumen.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills capabilities
- Exemplary problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Team Work
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Honest and hardworking
- Active listening and attention to detail
- Solution oriented
How to apply:
Interested applicants should forward copies of their application letters, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, up-to-date curriculum vitae to email@example.com to be received not later than 5th January 2024.
All applicants should state their expected remuneration and indicate their contact details.
HACO Industries (K) Limited is an equal opportunity employer and people with disability and the marginalized are encouraged to apply.