Job Opportunity: Manufacturing Operations Manager.
Manufacturing Operation Manager
HACO Industries is the region’s leading FMCG manufacturer, supplying a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets. We are well known as as a leading manufacturing player in the consumer goods sector providing quality personal and home care brands that include MIADI, AMARA, SO-SOFT, SPARKLE, ACE, Haco pegs and rulers. We are also the only licensed distributor of Palmers in Kenya. Our desire is to be able to add value to the everyday life of our customer across Africa.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly talented, motivated, and resourceful candidate to fill in the Manufacturing Operations Manager role.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manufacturing Director, this role oversees the daily operations of the manufacturing facility by planning, coordinating, and directing all the activities that go into the production process. Coordinating with support functions i.e., Quality, R&D and Maintenance to ensure smooth flow of manufacturing operations for the two factories.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Develop long- and short-term factory manufacturing plans (annual, quarterly, and monthly) to achieve budgeted business volumes. Facility Planning to ensure plant manufacturing capacity is in line with targeted business volumes and projected growth.
- Drive a cost-effective operation of the two factories consistent with cost, quality, and productivity.
- Ensure production stays on schedule, with minimal interruptions, while products meet set quality standards.
- Oversee the planning and organization of a production process and ensure availability of necessary material, equipment, and labor resources required for a project.
- Forecast and prepare cost estimates and budget required for a manufacturing proposal.
- Oversee the quality assurance of produced materials or goods in liaison with the Quality Control team.
- Analyze production data, prepare monthly report on volume performance, and optimize for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure workers and equipment meet set performance together with Health and safety requirements to mitigate unexpected incidents and hazards.
- Watch for hiccups in the processes and look for opportunities to continuously improve operations. Drive process re-engineering initiatives to save on cost.
- Involved in supply and demand focus meetings to ensure production is aligned to both demand and supply realities.
- Organize training programs to enhance personnel job skill and knowledge. Develop and drive a culture of coaching, feedback, and accountability.
- Monitor and improve the performance of workers, equipment, and machines.
- Coordinate with Finance, Procurement, Logistics, Sales, HR, Marketing to plan production priorities, workflow, to foresee and overcome challenges and ensure smooth execution of the production plans.
- Develop and lead initiatives geared towards improving staff and equipment productivity.
- Lead and coordinate sustainability initiatives and ensure they meet business expectations.
- Represent the company leadership in various forums, meetings and events when called upon.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or engineering oriented. MBA qualifications an added advantage.
- At least 5 years managerial experience in Technical / Operational role in an FMCG preferably a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the use of various manufacturing related production systems, Kaizen, TPM, QMS, GMP etc.
- Advanced planning and coordination capabilities.
- Entrepreneurial and business mindset
- Advanced presentation skills and abilities.
Please indicate your current salary details, 3 referees and daytime telephone contacts to be received by 4th August 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.