Job Opportunity: Forklift Driver
HACO Industries is one of the region’s leading FMCG manufacturers, supplying a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets. We are well known as an indigenous Kenyan company that manufactures quality personal and home care brands that include MIADI, AMARA, SO-SOFT, SPARKLE, ACE, Haco pegs and rulers. We are also the only licensed manufacturer and distributor of Palmers in Kenya. Our goal is to be able to add value to the everyday life of our customers across Africa.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly talented, motivated, and resourceful candidate to fill in the Forklift Driver Position
The Primary purpose of the job is:
Delivering goods and carrying out other services.
Key outputs of the job are:
1. Delivery of good and services
- Responsible for moving goods around warehouses
- Locate and move stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
- Transport raw materials to production workstations
- Inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and guarantee safety by performing regular maintenance
- Keep updated records of inventory and activity logs
- Efficient delivery of goods and other services
- Ensure that the goods on transit tally with the documentation
- Ensure vehicle is loaded with 100% of all expected deliveries
- Ensure that goods loaded are delivered 100% OTIF always
2. Vehicle maintenance
- Ensuring the vehicle is kept clean and presentable to customers for company image.
- Ensuring the vehicle is in good condition by constantly checking the tyres pressure, engine oil, water etc. All anomalies should be reported to the Supervisor to ensure the matter is followed up with HR/Administration.
- Ensuring the vehicle assigned is driven carefully always, not endangering the lives of the occupants and/or other road users.
- To always observe the traffic rules.
4. Logbook and Fuel management
- Maintain logbooks for all trips made
- Accountable for all vehicle movements
- Keep receipts of fuel and reconcile at the end of the month
Minimum Qualifications for the role:
- ‘O’ level with a mean grade of C-
- Proven experience as forklift operator
- Attention to detail and familiarity with industrial equipment
- Valid certification to operate forklifts
- BCE Driving licence is an added advantage
- Certificate of good conduct
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Critical listening
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 1st November 2023.
Please note that HACO Industries is an equal opportunity employer only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.