Job Opportunity: Finance Manager – Analysis and Reporting.
Finance Manager – Analysis and Reporting
HACO Industries is one of the region’s leading FMCG manufacturers, supplying a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets. We are well known as an indigenous Kenyan company that manufactures quality personal and home care brands that include MIADI, AMARA, SO-SOFT, SPARKLE, ACE, Haco pegs and rulers. We are also the only licensed manufacturer and distributor of Palmers in Kenya. Our goal is to be able to add value to the everyday life of our customers across Africa.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly talented, motivated, and resourceful candidate to fill in the Finance Manager – Analysis and Reporting
About the Role
Reporting to the Finance Director the role holder’s key responsibility is ensuring that the business receives timely and accurate financial information to support prudent decision making
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Timely and accurate preparation of annual budgets
- Continuous monitoring of budgets, identification of deviations and making timely recommendations for corrective actions.
- Enforcing prudent financial discipline across the business by adhering to the set budgets.
- Preparation of accurate monthly financial reports to very strict deadlines.
- Develop and monitor product margins and ensure that they are reported upon in a timely manner for corrective actions.
- Ensure that product prices are accurately developed, maintained and updated in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate Bill of Materials BOMs and regularly review them as required.
- Regular review of business operations to ensure continuous improvement and value creation.
- Maintain accurate inventory records, costings and reporting.
- Ensure that inventory counts are regularly and correctly done and that differences are identified and corrective actions implemented in a timely manner.
- Provide information needed for effective decision making in the preparation of sales and marketing promotions and activities
- Ensure that product demand forecasts are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervision of staff and assigned projects.
- Ensure that audit schedules are correctly prepared and provided in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent. Relevant master’s degree qualification is an additional advantage
- Qualified Accountant – CPA (K) or other UK equivalent qualification.
- Over ten years post qualification experience in a busy Finance department with over 5 years supervising a team.
- Over 5 years experience in financial reporting from trial balance to financial statement
- Over 4 years experience in a busy manufacturing firm handling cost analysis.
- In-depth knowledge and experience using ERP systems – SAGE X3 is an added advantage.
- Advanced knowledge and use of Excel for data modelling and analysis is a definite advantage
- Good communication and presentation skills
Please indicate your current salary details, 3 referees and daytime telephone contacts to be received by 18th September 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.