Environment and Climate Change
We anchor our manufacturing processes on Sustainable Development Goal 12 – which focuses on Responsible Production and Consumption.
- We employ the use of solar power to significantly reduce our carbon footprint and increase our self-sufficiency.
- Solar energy plays a big part in reducing our operational costs. For instance, in the past two months, the percentage of energy generated from solar to meet our demands has been over 50%. Thus, displacing an average of 25 CO2 Tonnes per month. Through our use of solar energy, we were able to displace a total of 202 Tonnes of CO2 last year.
- In addition to using homegrown natural oils and biodegradable raw materials, we ensure that no harmful chemicals and ingredients are used in any of our products. We do not test on animals and all our processes are geared towards having a minimal ecological footprint.
- We also employ wastewater treatment and management and use the treated water in our plants for cleaning, washrooms and watering the vegetation.
- We work hard towards a circular economy by reusing and recycling plastic components, turning them into valuable by-products.
- We have a manufacturing plant dedicated solely to the production of our packaging material and recycling of any plastic waste produced during our manufacturing processes.