Job Opportunity: Sustainability Officer
HACO Industries was established in the early 1970’s as single-product manufacturer. From those modest beginnings, HACO is now one of the region’s leading FMCG manufacturers, supplying a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets.
We are looking to hire a Sustainability Officer based in Nairobi to work in our Sustainability and Corporate Communications Department and support the delivery of the company’s overall Sustainability and Corporate Communications Strategy.
The Sustainability Officer will do the following:
- Support in implementing organization’s Sustainability Strategy through identified programmes.
- Regularly collect data on greenhouse gas emissions, water, and waste from manufacturing teams for monitoring and documenting.
- Conducting research to inform the development of sustainability programmes (benchmarking with local and international examples) and identify new partnerships.
- Monitoring local and global changes to environmental legislation and regulation and flagging them for action by the organization
- Assist in coordinating monthly green team meetings, preparing presentations, documenting outcomes and tracking actions.
- Assist in putting together Sustainability report (HACO Sustainability Scorecard) for dissemination.
- Coordinate with HR, Communications, and other colleagues to develop internal campaigns and awareness programmes to support the rollout of the sustainability strategy in the organization.
- Communicating with internal stakeholders to gather feedback on existing programs, encouraging participation in new initiatives, and monitoring program performance and outcomes
- Assist relevant departments in developing plans to reduce the organization’s carbon footprint through recycling programs, use of alternative energy sources
- Assist in developing and implementing educational programs about environmental issues, such as climate change or biodiversity loss
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superlative and creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability practices, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze and understand research and to identify relevant and valuable information.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create, interpret, and execute a budget.
- Presentation skills required to deliver proposals to varying groups of individuals.
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of corporate, business and management experience required.
- Possess an environmental degree in a relevant environmental subject i.e., Sustainability / Environmental Management
- Demonstrate an awareness of environmental management systems and environmental tools.
- Experience of collecting data, maintaining and analysing data for inclusion in papers, reports and projects or presentations.
(The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.)
To apply, please send your detailed CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate your current salary details, 3 referees and daytime telephone contacts to be received by 12th April 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.