Job Opportunity: Head of Human Resources and Administration
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION
HACO Industries is one of the region’s leading FMCG manufacturers, supplying a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets. We are well known as an indigenous Kenyan company that manufactures quality personal and home care brands that include MIADI, AMARA, SO-SOFT, SPARKLE, ACE, Haco pegs and rulers. We are also the only licensed distributor of Palmers in Kenya. Our desire is to be able to add value to the everyday life of our customer across Africa.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly talented and passionate individual to lead HR operations and spearhead best practices in line with our strategy.
Specifically, this role is passionate about providing strategic leadership and management oversight as the organization evolves. Reporting directly to the Managing Director and indirectly to the Board, you will work closely with the other members of the management team to ensure development and optimal utilization of our human capital.
Your responsibilities will center on leading the HR department processes and driving people management strategies. This includes, coaching, mentoring, and supporting staff members to identify their individual strengths and development needs, while championing an open, embracing culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) throughout the organization.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Manage the execution of the HR Strategy and core areas of the HR department including Recruitment, Employee Relations, Workforce Administration, Employee Engagement, Payroll, Reward and Recognition, as well as maintaining and improving HR systems and management of the HR budget.
- Drive the continuous improvement agenda with focus on engagement and welfare activities, maximizing productivity, devolving HR responsibilities to line managers, and building leadership capability.
- Take a lead role in transforming and strengthening the organizational culture, ensuring that employees live up to and uphold company values.
- Execute a plan for diversity, equality, and inclusion that aligns with company values, business strategy and commitments.
- Regularly coach, mentor and support senior and high potential colleagues to identify individual strengths and development needs, develop and maintain effective relationships and encourage retention.
- Ensure managers are sufficiently skilled and enabled to access appropriate guidance and information to manage workforce issues.
- Ensure compliance with all employment and labour laws in all the countries we operate.
- Coach and advise on a wide range of core human resource functions including organizational design, HR policies, and any emerging trends and best practices.
- Provide desired metrics to management to guide talent related decisions.
- Lead in employee stakeholder engagement with the Union and any other relevant stakeholders.
- In charge of managing and coordinating the general administration functions to ensure efficient and effective operations across the business. This includes ensuring periodic repair and maintenance of buildings, fittings, and fixtures.
- Oversee the service delivery of outsourced security service providers to guarantee protection of employees, company assets, business operations/activities from actual or potential security threats.
- Provide management support by communicating with staff on the CEO’s behalf where human resource matters are involved.
- Preparation and submission of periodic reports to Board and Management.
- A Post graduate qualification in Human Resource management.
- A Master’s degree in social sciences or business-related field is essential.
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management with a valid practicing license.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of HR experience and 5 years of experience managing a team and being in a leadership role.
- Must have strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Must have sound knowledge of all employment and labour laws and be well apprised of any developments.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of day-to day management.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient is crucial to this role.
To apply, please send your application and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate your current salary details, 3 referees and daytime telephone contacts to be received by 22nd February 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.