Head of Sustainability and Corporate Communications
Head of Sustainability & Communications
HACO Industries is one of the region’s leading FMCG manufacturers, supplying a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets. We are well known as an indigenous Kenyan company that manufactures quality personal and home care brands that include MIADI, AMARA, SO-SOFT, SPARKLE, ACE, Haco pegs and rulers. We are also the only licensed distributor of Palmers in Kenya. Our desire is to be able to add value to the everyday life of our customer across Africa.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly talented and passionate individual to contribute to our organization’s sustainability and communication objectives.
The role will be responsible for crafting and executing HACO’s Sustainability agenda with the key objective of enabling Haco Industries make clear and consistent progress on its ongoing commitment to become a more sustainable and socially responsible company.
This role co-ordinates the delivery of the corporate sustainability program and makes recommendations on the execution of the Sustainability strategies to enhance HACO’s approach to sustainability initiatives. Ultimately, the role holder will also propel HACO’s brand and corporate image through consistent messaging and communications strategy.
The role reports to the Managing Director.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Identify HACO’s Sustainability vision and provide the same in an easy communication format Drive the development of the sustainability Communication Strategy, especially through the identification of the key opportunities for leverage on the Sustainability Initiatives
- Identify opportunities for consistent communication and visibility that will drive leverage for the HACO brand including mainstream media, sector-driven opportunities, internal communication, etc.
- Serves as internal leader and “go to” expert on emerging trends, frameworks, industry benchmarks, and issues in the FMCG sector with regards to driving the Sustainability agenda
- Evaluate deviations to best practice for operational improvement focus.
- Recommend new processes and/or procedures. Liaise with key industry bodies such as KAM, UN Global Compact, etc.
- Align the Sustainability strategy and corporate communication plan to the available budget. Ensure continuous budget monitoring to cap annual spend within plan.
- Drive Haco’s PR/events – as relates to corporate, brand, or sustainability initiatives
- Seek to attain visibility for the company’s initiatives on various platforms i.e. mainstream media, digital platforms, relevant niche/ specialist media and internal forums / channels
- Develop the PR & events plan aligned to the corporate communication support areas of business i.e. sustainability, corporate and brand
- Endeavour to drive the social marketing impact angle so as to endear the Haco corporate brand and even more so the product brands, so as to enable the marketing effort by giving the brands an emotional appeal
- Collect and analyse company-wide data on sustainability initiatives and programs and collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to provide senior management with relevant analysis and recommendations on sustainability programs and reporting.
- Drive the agenda to produce the annual Sustainability Report; benchmark the Company’s performance against its peers and identify and recommend improvement.
- A degree in business, environmental sciences, environmental management (or any related field) with suitable experience in the areas of Communications and Sustainability.
- Track record of success and achievement demonstrated in corporate communications, sustainability, corporate social responsibility/ESG, community relations or a related field.
- 7+ years successful experience in a management position (FMCG sector preferred).
- Love newsjacking and identifying bold storytelling opportunities.
- Superior interpersonal and relationship-building abilities with the capacity to work independently and in a team environment with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Coordinating and organising ability
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills managing multiple priorities while remaining calm in difficult situations
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic thinker
To apply, please send your application and detailed CV to email@example.com
Please indicate your current salary details, 3 referees and daytime telephone contacts to be received by 16th May 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.