Job Opportunity: Cost Accountant
HACO Industries (Kenya) Limited is one of the region’s leading FMCG manufacturers, supplying a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets. We are well known as an indigenous Kenyan company that manufactures quality personal and home care brands that include MIADI, AMARA, SO-SOFT, SPARKLE, ACE, Pegs and Rulers. We are also the only licensed distributor of Palmers and Mattel Toys in East Africa. Our desire is to be able to add value to the everyday life of our customer across Africa.
The incumbent will be responsible for the reduction of company’s financial waste and increasing profits. Determining actual costs of manufacturing or providing a service, scrutinizing associated company expenses. He/she will further oversee and analyze cost expenditure and purchases within the organization, will review services and goods, record data and make recommendations about cost-efficient and financially feasible cost opinions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyse manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Revise standard cost when required.
- Revise supply chain cost, materials pricing/cost, labour costs & overheads.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products.
- Monitoring and analyse unit cost variance and purchase price variances.
- Preparing cost of goods sold and production reports.
- Maintenance of system price lists/ generating price lists & costing for all products.
- Margin analysis report monthly and yearly.
- Establish the standard costs of all manufactured goods.
- Analyse proformas costing prior to purchases and advice effect on final margins.
- Run process costing when required.
- Performing ongoing reconciliations of various cost reports against software to ensure accuracy.
- Establish reasonable profitability levels for all products in line with business expectations.
- Recommend update in price in response to market prices or cost movements.
- Compiling the productions statistics returns for Ministry of Planning.
- Analysis or R&M incurred per machine and advising at what stage it is no longer cost effective to maintain an equipment, but another must be acquired.
- Analysis of equipment and mold usages and producing reports that flag idle assets that we are holding.
- Analysis of equipment output used at acquisition and achieved and flagging the business so remedial action can be taken.
- Bachelors degree in Commerce or a degree in a Business-related field from a recognized University.
- Recognized professional certificate in accounting such as CPA (K) or ACCA (FINALIST).
- Experience with product costings.
- 3 years in a busy manufacturing concern.
- In-depth understanding of business processes and principles
- Understanding of Accounting Principles
- Understanding of manufacturing, purchasing and logistics principles
- Project management Skills
- Excellent Financial Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Experience in manipulating large databases
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward copies of their application letters, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, up-to-date curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 10th February, 2021.
All applicants should state their expected salary and indicate their contact details.
HACO Industries (K) Limited is an equal opportunity employer. People with disability and the marginalized are encouraged to apply.