Job Opportunity: Accountant – Accounts Payable
HACO Industries (Kenya) Limited is one of the region’s leading FMCG manufacturers, supplying a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets. We are well known as an indigenous Kenyan company that manufactures quality personal and home care brands that include MIADI, AMARA, SO-SOFT, SPARKLE, ACE, Pegs and Rulers. We are also the only licensed distributor of Palmers and Mattel Toys in East Africa. Our desire is to be able to add value to the everyday life of our customer across Africa.
The incumbent will be responsible in ensuring that; supplier invoices are recorded into the systems in an accurate and timely manner, supplier payments are made in accordance with payments plans and reconciliations done.
In addition, the role also ensures that VAT, Withholding Tax, Corporation Tax, Exercise Duty and Payroll Taxes are computed, input into the KRA itax systems and payments made in accordance with the statutory deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform full-cycle Accounts Payable duties including date stamping invoices, coding to G/L, acquiring invoice approval, 3-way matching, invoice data entry, posting, check run, filing.
· Responsible for processing and/or reviewing invoices for accurate account classifications; match original invoices and requests for payment with purchase orders or check requests; verify receipt of goods or services; resolve discrepancies and problems regarding prices, delivery, and/or quality, and impute use tax as appropriate.
· Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
· Prepare online transfers and ensure accuracy and completion of all electronic payments by due date.
· Work closely with the purchasing team to resolve invoice issues and make process improvements, as necessary.
· Follow up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts.
· Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording VAT, assisting with bank reconciliations, and documenting loans.
· Review invoice status and follow up on overdue invoices.
· Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports.
· Suggest process improvements to remove bottlenecks in the payment process.
· Review Payment requests, and/or other related documentation for accuracy, completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements
· Ensure payments are recorded timely and properly.
· Maintain and distribute petty cash and serve as primary custodian.
· Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
· Prepare statutory payment on time and ensure they are disbursed before due date.
· Serves as back-up for preparing Daily and Weekly Cash report
· Manages and reconciles accounts payable subledger to General Ledger.
· Update and maintain Finance files including but not limited to audit, tax, legal, and regulatory documents.
· Timely submission of VAT, Withholding VAT, Corporation and Withholding Taxes on itax.
· University Degree in a business-related Field
· Qualified Accountant with 5 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
· Attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to multi-task.
· Strong communication and customer service skills
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Well organized
· Effective time management
· Ability to conduct themselves at all times in a professional manner
· Understanding of Accounting Principles
· Project management Skills
· Excellent Financial Skills
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Excellent Computer Skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward copies of their application letters, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, up-to-date curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 27th February, 2021.
All applicants should state their expected salary and indicate their contact details.
HACO Industries (K) Limited is an equal opportunity employer. People with disability and the marginalized are encouraged to apply.